lingo of my inner voice

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The one and only, He is Germany!!

I got to know about this interesting fact yesterday and now I am blogging about it.

We use 'She' as a pronoun for every country but there is an exception to this grammatical rule. Germany is the only country for which we use 'He' as a pronoun. The reason behind this is that once Germany was also among the leading super powers. Secondly, it is the representation of that power that Adolf Hitler enjoyed over Germany and the rest of the world. Everything behind this unique exception seems so cold in nature.

PS: I am still trying to remember the blog topic list which got erased from my computer yesterday.

Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani :: 10:47 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------