lingo of my inner voice

Monday, January 30, 2006



Happy Birthday Mano. May you have many more such happy occassions to cherish. And now give me my tweet!!

I finally completed reading The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. It took me ages to complete this tiny book, everytime I read any book I end up saying this. But this time it seriously went a little far, more than acceptable.. maybe the jaundice phase made a snail - anywayz hookay!!

It was a good read not the best yet interesting, very similar to my toughts though I don't agree with him on certain topics i.e. in one or two sections. You may find it a little over the top or maybe unconventional but I, being a liberal or say self-explorer would recommend this book to any and everyone. You will like it - if not completely then atleast some portions for sure . The thing which amazes me about Gibran's writings is that there is something for everyone in it; whether you like poetic expression, philosophy, romance, spirituality, inspirational books or self-quest.. you just ask for it and you will get it except the mystery and suspense =P

An extract:
"And even as each one of you stands alone in God's knowledge, so must each one of you be alon in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of earth."
Isn't it beautiful?!

Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani :: 11:46 PM :: 7 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------