lingo of my inner voice

Monday, January 16, 2006

Lights.. Camera.. Video

mYou people might not know this but I wanted to study film making but unfortunately there is no such good institute in Pakistan. Leave it, I just wanted to discuss two fantastic videos that are airing nowadays on Paki music channels.

1. Iss baar milo by Hadiqa Kiani and Aamir Zaki. The video is awesome and we all know that Jami(the director) is pure genius. What I like about his videos is that he always tries something abstract and symbolic which is a real treat for brainy viewers. Every frame of his video is a visual and intellectual treat. Especially I like the gloomy feel of the video in question. I don't know why but I always get so attracted to dark, gloomy and depressing things =p.. ajeeb sa hoon main thora sa. The most shocking moment was that Hadiqa and the so-called extras in the video acted like they were real pagals; just mindblowing. And did i tell ya that song is also good for a change, after all its Aamir Zaki. For more info on video, check www.hadiqakiani.net

2. Sab Bhulake by Call. Sohail Javed might not be intellectually creative like Jami but he can also direct a good video once in a while. I guess it only turned out so aesthetic because of Zulfi as he won't go for anything mediocre. The video is very simple in concept - nostalgic with some modern treatment; the styling, location and animation is par excellence which made it worth-watching. The visuals are breath-taking so you won't regret as the song is also very cool.

To wrap it off.. I am also working on a script. Someday I may direct it too. Umeed par duniya qayam hai!!

PS: People are treating me as I am a weightloss guru. It is so flattering and insane!!
PSS: Happy Birthday Dad!! May you have many more(amen).. I love you =)

Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani :: 4:18 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------