lingo of my inner voice

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Rewind 2005

As the year's end approaches I looked at Aisha's entry.. thought it would be a good idea for a meme! I would LOVE to read *your* meme's on this topic. Please let me know if you do it!

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Studied accounting and management, made a chocolate cake and taught for a whole year.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes, I lost about 20 pounds. This year I will work more hard towards studies and creative satisfaction.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
my cousin had a beautiful daughter.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
lemme think, not really!!

5. What countries did you visit?
Ask me which cities I've visited and answer will be hyderabad =P

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
sorry.. its personal!! Btw I am very much content.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
13th August(My B'Day), 8th October(Earthquake), 4th and 10th Decemeber(Kara Film Festival), 31st December(My blog's 1st B'Day)and one incident which is still a dilemma

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I lost weight and got healthy. I got A grade in my self-improvement graduation course and was among top 40 students in Karachi. I made little difference in lives of some of my students and blog readers.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't believe in failures because they are mere moments that shape up as opportunities that are important for one's self development. I didn't stand up for my rights. I also didn't give enough time to my religion, it could have been better. Self-Discipline needed more attention for sure.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sinus, sore throat, tonsils, blurness in eyesight, multiple cramps in leg(after every month or so =P) and an injury to both shoulders.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets for Kara Film Festival.. an experience worth remembering.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom's who always encouraged me like always, through this year's thick and thin moments. Ms. Saulat who discovered and helped me in shaping up my flair for writing.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A, A, S, S.. these four stupid sick minded people, but I have forgiven them already.

14.Where did most of your money go?
In medicine, studies and entertainment.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Achievements that I discussed, Kara Film Festival, Movie: Black and My results

16. What songs will always remind you of 2005?
Woh Lamhe(Atif), Na Re Na(Ali Azmat), Deedar de(Sunidhi Chauhan), Right Here Right Now(AB jr), Rich Girl(Gwen Stefani) and She will be Loved(Maroon 5)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? for some this happier, for some sadder but in whole happier for sure.
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? no change as such

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing(not as in blogging), reading, studying, praying and photography.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Saying myself that you are ill, you are misunderstood by AASS group and you can't do this or that!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
By posting personality tests related to christmas on my blog.. I've already done that.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes, a celebrity crush.. *blushes*

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Indian Idol, Mere Paas Paas and BBB

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
AASS group

25. What was the best book you read?
1.Second Treasury of Kahlil Gibran, 2.Siddharta and 3.The Alchemist

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
September by Earth, Fire and Wind

27. What did you want and get?
Countless blessings from God. I can't even mention them, neither can I thank him. I got a room and personal makeover. But yes again getting A grade was very fulfilling and going to Kara was a great experience.

28. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to do a course in film making and wanted a state of the art digital and video camera, maybe its not the right time. I hope it comes in my lap pretty soon.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
BLACK

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 19. For reading B'Day post is here.. those pics are so embarrassing. *hides his face under the pillow*

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I studied art and film making. Someday very soon I will!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Classy Semi-formal yet comfortable.

33. What kept you sane?
Praying and being optimistic.. and ofcourse God's and Mom's love.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mona Bhatt and Kajol because of their overall charming personalities. Sania Saeed because of her acting skills/thought process and Mehreen Jabbar because of her awesome directorial creativity.

36. Who did you miss?
AKHSS!! everything about it.. campus, friends, teachers. Inshort missed university life.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Ms. Saulat(great teacher), Mr. Abbas Hussain(a genious, his 2 day workshop was great), Blogging friends(didn't met them personally but all of them are very sweet), Shery(not new but friendship got better) and Mehreen Jabbar(not in person but over the net).

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Don't trust someone blindly and be thankful always.

39. What political issue irked you the most?
Anything related to damn Bushy.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Aitebaar bhi aa hi jaye ga, chalo toh sahi raasta koi mil hi jaye ga"(its all about optimism and building trust)

I hope year 2006 will be a very joyous and fulfilling for all of us. I hope all of our wishes come true. I have heard that 2006 adds upto 8 which is not lucky and may bring more natural calamities, so just pray that everything goes well.(Amen)

Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani :: 6:09 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------