lingo of my inner voice

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

price of the race

Since two years, in the month of May, I have seen extreme violence happening in my city or any other area of Pakistan. I hate to say this but now we are experiencing a well-planned terrorism in my lovely Karachi. This is my observation:

Friday, 31 May 2005 - a bomb attack on the Ali Raza Imam Bargah mosque in Karachi
Friday, 27 May 2005 - a suicidal bomb attack during a religious gathering in the compound of the Bari Imam shrine
Monday, 30 May 2005 - a suicidal bomb attack on a mosque and Imam Bargah Madina-tul-Ilm in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.

Two out of three incidents took place on Friday, a sacred day for Muslims. The remaining one on Monday, which is actually the starting day of the Week. They are the perfect days for provoking some anger in our public a.k.a. emotional fools. Target: a religious place so the victims plus the offended ones are in large quantity. Result: massive killings and casualties and then riots in the city because of either the religious/emotional connection or just simple anger. However some political propaganda was also involved. The strikes followed which affected the business of a local man badly. The main objective behind these attempts was to distract public's attention from the upcoming budget which is announced soon after May; usually in the month of June. Concurrently it serves as a great platform for political parties in the opposition to point fingers at the city government.

But again is it fair to kill zillions of innocent people in this race of political might? Is it worth for a terrorists to sell his precious life for some bucks? Is it fair to ruin families of the dead victims for interest for some selfishly greedy mortal individuals?

Now both of us(you and me) can make a clever prediction for may 2006. I hope I am wrong, only time will tell. I love Karachi, I love Humanity, I can't see it falling apart.

PS: It took me a whole month to ponder over the reason of these attacks and the conclusion is pretty logical. There was nothing shocking in it but definitely worth noticing and thinking. It might be wrong(or you may disagree) but it is the most appropriate inference that I could get to.

Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani :: 9:33 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------