lingo of my inner voice
Sunday, December 18, 2005
How to lose weight?
Let me tell ya that if you are looking for a miracle in this post, you will be highly disappointed. There is no shortcut of losing weight. First of all, let me clearify this myth that vibrators or gels do wonders in weight loss, they just don't. On the contrary, they can be extremely dangerous for skin and organs. All of this either requires hardwork and will power to set out your priorities right. Nothing comes easy in life!!
Start with a plain soup diet for a week and then follow my point guide. These are some points which will help you in losing weight soon and then maintaining it too. One more thing, its a continuous daily routine process.. its a lifestyle basically.
- Drink a glass of warm water before breakfast. (I don't do it but it helps for sure)
- Cut down your intake of oil. One tbspoon of oil contains more than 160 calories. Only use vegetable oil such as oil of corn, sunflower, olive or canola. Avoid Butter!! This also means avoiding junk food, all of them have hydrogenated oil which doesn't convert into energy that easily and gets stored in your body.
- This is hard but you've to do it for sure. SAY NO TO CHIPS AND BISCUITS. Also avoid snacks which have hydrogenated vegetable oil. If you want something as a snack or dessert, try apples, citrus fruits or carrots. These keep you full and help you in losing weight, specially apples.
- Eat more whole grain foods like chapatis and limited amount of rice(this means rice not more than twice in a week). Avoid bread, tandoors and naans. More Vegetables, lentils and some Chicken, all these are good for you. Avoid Mutton and Beef. You can surely enjoy potatoes no harm in it until and unless they are in small propotions and not fried.
- This is very important. Drink a glass of water before eating your meal. DONOT DRINK A SINGLE DROP OF WATER AFTER THE MEAL FOR 20-30 MINS because it hinders your digestion process.
- Eat all three meals but in small propotions, again eat fruits in between as snacks. Don't hurry, enjoy your meal. If apples, cabbage or any food helps in losing weight, it doesn't mean you can eat bowls and bowls of it. Take a light dinner so it can digest easily and fat doesn't store in your body.
- Reward yourself with a oily snack/chocolate or sweet dessert once in a week. Donot cross this limit.
- Exercise if you can and be active.
Summary: Avoid(it means tata bye cya) to anything which has oil. Chicken, Eggs and milk will provide you good amount fat so no need of eating things which are filled with oil. Every extra 500 calories that you eat will increase your weight by one pound - equivalent to 3.5 tb.spoons of oil. Eat well, don't lessen your intake by leaps and bounds but make good chices.
You will get temptations but believe me if you set your priorities right then it wont get over you. Health and eating to live than living to eat is more important. If you follow this correctly, you will see the results and you will start enjoying it, today I like apples more than samosas/burgers. I am trying this from three months and by now I have already lost 20 pounds. My waist is now 4" down. *Grins*
Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani ::
1:47 AM ::
Post / Read Comments