lingo of my inner voice
Thursday, March 09, 2006
A day can't get strangest then this.
- Went to an uncle's place, he asked "Are you Raheel?".. He has seen me thousand times after the makeover and believe me the more praises the better it is for me ;) I haven't ever heard a happy tone from him but today I was like woahh this old man also know how to smile :)
- Fetched bus from home to school. I didn't had the energy to walk a few steps from the bus stop to the school building so I planned to get off the bus a stop earlier and fetch a rickshaw from there. Now there a person asked me in an entusiastic tone, "Arey Salman Bhai kaise ho"(How are you Salman?) And I was like what!! Are you nuts I am Raheel man. Soon after one more person came and said, "Are you planning to go by rickshaw?" I answered in affirmation then he fearly asked, "Sorry I asked you, I thought you are Sam-Kings.. Salman. He also looks like you." And then I came to know that he was a friend of the former stranger who was waiting for him at bus stop. What a shit!! I have my look-alike and woh bhi in the same city, hello ppl can't it get stranger than this.
- After much effort, I finally got a free rickshaw.. walking would have a been a better option. When I reached the school building and handed over money to rickshaw driver who told me that fare would be Rs. 30 but I said I wouldn't give him more than twenty bucks and he agreed. When I gave him the fare, he said, "Yeh achey paisey nahi hain"(These are not good bucks) and then I made a gesture to giving him tens bucks more but without talking it, he smiled and went away. I mean this is not that strange but yes I don't know what but something was surely strange about his smile.
- First Class of Management Accounting and this happened. Our professor loves to give examples and he relates it to people. Like if he is giving an example he will say imagine this class-fellow works in production department and blah blah. Today he made me a security officer in an example. Now I started to laugh because it will be a hell lotta achievement if I can take care of myself alone and he is talking about a big friggin factory. I also heard students passing comments like my face is not suitable for security personnel job. Lolz!! a strange example.
- Now my Financial Accounting teacher also gave an example which made everyone laugh and left me getting totally embarrassed with my mouth wide open. He said, "I Love you!!" in a very angry tone and then asked would I believe him. I was in such state of shock that said NOOOO and people started saying afterall he is a man and gay culture isn't that popular in Karachi. Strange, Strange, Strange and Weird!!
- With so much sinus and mucus excretions, my nose is swollen now and its started bleeding because of a cut in it. Now I have a feel that I have a strange nose.
- Now as if all this wasn't much, one more strange thing happened. After such tiring day I went to sleep earlier and when I woke up I felt as if my whole memory has been erased and I started feeling numb and confused. I was evaluating everything in fractions.. clock, time, world, life everything.. the topic that I taught to my tution student today. Loss of thinking, Loss of words and the ghutan(suffocation), I was ready for an asylum. Thanks God, Mom came to rescue and her affection did cure me. Those moments of anxiety where really frightening.
Sometimes I think that Isn't it strange that when a child knows everything and can do it alone then why parents enroll them for tutions? Whatever might be the STRANGE reason behind it, I am happy that I am getting some moolah :p
Scented Words posted by Raheel Lakhani ::
11:56 PM ::
Post / Read Comments